Overwhelmed? Don’t know where to start? Maybe this guide can help you out! :)
The purpose of this guide is to help you figure out how you should start your new healthy lifestyle and possibly with weight loss since that’s what a lot of us are here for.
- Start a journal.
Write down your daily food logs, exercise logs, feelings, short-term and long-term fitness and health goals, your progress, why you’re doing this, etc.
- Find support.
Create a network of support for yourself. Tell your family, friends, acquaintances, and everyone else about what you’re doing. You’re more likely to succeed when you have support.
- Find out your BMR and how many calories you should be consuming.
Click here for a BMR calculator and Harris Benedict Equation. Everyone’s body is different, so your body’s needs are different as well. Be sure to get enough calories; your body needs the energy.
- Make a plan.
Write down everything you’re going to do. Stay organized.
- Find out what your thing is.
It could be running, hiking, canoeing, lifting weights, zumba, yoga, and the list goes on. The key thing is that it has to be enjoyable foryou. If you like it, chances are you’ll continue doing it.
- Treat days, not cheat days.
It’s okay to indulge. Eating a doughnut now and then won’t kill you; eating one everyday however might eventually lead to diabetes. The vocabulary you choose to use is very important, and this doesn’t limit to just being healthy; it is relevant to life overall. Have a positive mindset.
- Start out slow.
Take your time. No one becomes successful overnight. You have to work at it.
- Rest days once a week, but be careful about allowing yourself too many rest days.
You should have a rest day once a week so your muscles have time to heal. However, don’t allow yourself to be lazy and slack off - having two consecutive rest days might cause you to have another rest day, which may eventually lead to a week of not exercising.
Hope this helped you and good luck!
- eixed reblogged this from jasminevanzie
- jasminevanzie reblogged this from sunbaths
- obsessedbynumbers reblogged this from skinnerzz
- findingmeinchaos reblogged this from thisbiache
- nixtempesta likes this
- w0rkk0ut reblogged this from healthysexyhappy
- acceptingthewayiam reblogged this from healthysexyhappy
- littlemoreunreal reblogged this from scarletskinny
- lazypaintertadhg likes this
- emmylovely reblogged this from meowlitaaa
- aboutagirlwithaheart reblogged this from healthysexyhappy
- ashleysmoved reblogged this from meowlitaaa
- fitternotbitter reblogged this from healthysexyhappy
- ecto8iologrist likes this
- burning--dandelions likes this
- l0st-w0nderland likes this
- strawberries-and-sweat likes this
- pr-oteinshake reblogged this from vvannabeskinny
- vvannabeskinny likes this
- vvannabeskinny reblogged this from fithealthyfuture
- lookatmenowbeingthin reblogged this from meowlitaaa
- fithealthyfuture reblogged this from makingitfit
- felissapiens likes this
- makingitfit reblogged this from toethefinishline
- gettingfitandstrong reblogged this from toethefinishline
- onthewayto-happiness reblogged this from toethefinishline
- sweatnotregret reblogged this from toethefinishline
- foreverinasportsbra13 reblogged this from toethefinishline
- fillingmeter likes this
- fillingmeter reblogged this from toethefinishline
- g0uldings likes this
- trapped-in-nothing reblogged this from toethefinishline
- toethefinishline reblogged this from skinnerzz
- sincerelyjackeline likes this
- create-your-own--happiness reblogged this from recoverykitty
- owlwayslove likes this
- so-rainy likes this
- talltanfit reblogged this from 60poundstolose
- sara-doll likes this
- tsukareru likes this
- allthetimeiwish likes this
- stumping likes this
- classysexyskinny reblogged this from sexy-little-thing
- workoutxbarbie likes this
- sexy-little-thing reblogged this from healthysexyhappy
- thedreadpiratejames reblogged this from recoverykitty
- shelovesyoutothemoonandback likes this